I found an old school sign writer!!

I met this sign writer because I've been asked to design the side of a building for a funeral director. Anyway, it just turned out that he's a perfect contact for my project!! His work is beautiful!! When I got talking to him he told me that he was rarely asked for the really traditional sign writing anymore. Everyone is after vinyl apparently....such a shame!! The skill of sign writing is obviously dying! He seemed really interested in my idea, said he likes the idea of using traditional work in an unconventional way! hurray!
I asked him to paint me the word "why?" for me. The picture doesn't show it off to its best but it is actually hot!! I've decided that the pages in the book are all going to be on different paper. I'm not going to scan in all the individual pages and make them look super polished but it's not going to be like a scrap book either. Just want everything to be shown off to its best potential

I feel like asking him to just make me loads of posters just to hang on my walls.....how sad is that! But his stuff is beautiful!!!

No comments: